Orlando Tile Roof Installation, Repair and Cleaning
The wonderful thing about tile roofs is that they offer beauty and are made to withstand the harsh elements of Florida’s climate. They are made of natural materials, are non-combustible, and are more durable than other types of roofs so they are not as subject to decay and rot. A well maintained tile roof in Orlando should be the only roof your home ever knows.
Here are the 8 most common reasons a tile roof will leak:
- A Broken Tile- Replace the tile.
- Flawed Flashings- A flashing is a piece of metal that covers an area where the roof changes direction or where there is a protrusion like a pipe or a chimney.
- Alignment- All of the pieces of your roof fit together at top, sides and bottom.
- Flawed Seaming or Pointing- You will see some sections where the field tile is covered by a trim tile and there is concrete in this transition. This concrete work is called POINTING. If this concrete is cracked or there are areas that are missing it must be repaired or replaced.
- Damming- This occurs on a roof when leaves and other items fall into the cracks that channel water flow. Valleys and roof-to-wall areas are the most common areas affected by damming.
- Bad Design and Workmanship
- Rusted Trim Nails
- Animals- Mice, rats, bats, opossums, and squirrels love roofs. They never pay rent so you must block their entry points.
When a problem with your tile roof arises, Keeping You Dry can offer a few different solutions:
Tile Roof Repair
Tile roofs are not immune to leaking. Tiles can crack or break, allowing water to get to the wood decking underneath. Over time, this rotted wood leads to a leaky roof. Tile roofs can break easily and merely walking on them brings its own challenges. When walking on a roof to perform any repairs, cleaning, or maintenance, occasional cracked tiles are inevitable, which is why it is imperative for homeowners to have an experienced licensed roofing contractor perform all work on the roof. Keeping You Dry roofers have extensive knowledge of tile roofs, so when they do crack and you call Keeping You Dry Roofing. You can be sure you will get someone who is experienced in repairing or replacing damaged tiles.
Tile Roof Restoration
Keeping You Dry Roofing offers our Orlando customers a new “green” system tile roof cleaning that brings your old roof back to life and restores it to better than new condition. This CAN be done at a fraction of the cost of a completely new tile roof. In Orlando and the Central Florida area, older tile roofs are left looking weathered, faded, or covered with algae. We offer a FOUR STEP process that includes:
- Clean with a light pressure environmentally friendly cleaner that won’t damage your plants
- Apply a bonding agent that penetrates the porous tile and seals up to 70% of surface pores
- Add a 100% water based, acrylic, sealer color coat that can be matched to ANY color
- Apply clear top coat that seals the tile, prevents fading, repels water, and stops algae growth
This system offers a 12 YEAR WARRANTY, unparalleled in the roof coating industry
Things to Consider:
DON’T use a high pressure wash on your roof because:
- High pressure can cause the tile to “pit” creating pockets for algae to prosper
- Can remove coloring on slurry coated tiles
- Although the roof will look clean, it’s not uncommon that algae will be back in 2-3 years
- Traditional pressure washing companies are not experienced in walking on tile roofs and don’t know how to prepare cracked or broken tiles
DON’T paint your roof because:
- Paints has properties which cause it to crack, peel, and fade quickly on a tile roof
- Paint does not repel water which allows organic material (algae) to thrive
- No paint manufacturer will offer a warranty if a paint is used for roofing tiles
DON’T use harmful chemicals like bleach and chlorine to clean your roof because:
- They will weather and fade your roof over time
- It can change the composition of the tile, which in most cases will void the tile warranty
- Your landscaping will die
- The runoff is bad for the environment
Unless a tile roof has suffered extensive damage from a Central Florida storm, it is extremely rare to have to replace a tile roof. Thru our roof restoration process we will restore your roof to Better Than New Condition at a fraction of the price of a new roof. Call us today at 407-253-2221 for a complimentary estimate.
Below are pictures of homes that underwent the 4 STEP tile restoration process.